sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The oil pressure warning light has come on. I have checked

Hi The oil pressure warning light has come on. I have checked the oil level and its good.
JA: Have you checked the oil? How old is your oil pump?
Customer: I guess as old as the B180 2014
JA: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?
Customer: B180
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven’t tried anything except to check the oil
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Sebastian
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could the fault be with the oil pressure sensor

Dear customer, I am sorry that you have this problem, you have to be careful with this, the oil pressure light comes on when the oil pressure sensor detects a drop in pressure, it is ok to check the oil level when this happens but it is very likely that you have problems either in the sensor or in the oil pump that is not generating adequate pressure for proper lubrication of the engine.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Where on the engine is the sensor

Dear customer, it seems to me that it is located at the front of the engine near the pump, or just to the side of the filter, one of these two locations.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks I will have a look when it stops lol
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When the rain stops

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.