sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have very sloppy steering on a 55 plate ldv convoy, The

Customer Question

I have very sloppy steering on a 55 plate ldv convoy
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: The power steering is just under half full
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Ldv convoy(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I Want to Haven't tried anything
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also the power steering is hard ro move
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I would like to know if the power steering fluid level has been checked?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is just above minimum

estimated Customer fills his level to the maximum it is possible that your problem is a low fluid level.

Dear customer, you should not let the container empty so much, even if it is over the minimum always try to leave the container almost at the maximum so that these problems do not occur, is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I goinhto fill it up today

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No that didn't work

Dear customer I am concerned about what filling the steering fluid reservoir the problem has not been corrected means and that there are problems in the power steering system may be that the pump has problems the proper pressure for proper operation this means that the pump may be in need of repair, it may also be damage to the steering box as the internal seals of the broken box this makes the internal pressure is not retained and the steering is very hard.

It is good to check for steering fluid leaks.

The advantage is that both the pump and the steering box can be rebuilt, which makes repairing this type of problem less expensive.