sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am getting P00BC00 fault code on my V70 D3 at 143000 km.

I am getting P00BC00 fault code on my V70 D3 at 143000 km. EGR was cleaned at 92.000km and valve is not stuck. MAF sensor seems to be working OK (live reading shows values). Any idea for possible cause ? thanks
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: No. engine continues to run without any hesitation or power loss
JA: What year is your V70?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am an engineer and try to perform maintenance myself . have an OB2 scanner to read fault codes. I only checked MAF sensor so far (cleaning and read out)
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
any idea ?

Dear customer this type of error occurs when we have problems in the air intake system is well check the e g r valve and the maf sensor but it is likely that you have problems of vacuum leaks or may even be problems in the exhaust valve e gr is attracting into the intake, what happens is that the error code that is presenting me is a generic error code your model is year 2016 and diagnose with obd2 equipment is not very useful because these models have specific error codes from the manufacturer that you can only detect through a diagnostic equipment with Volvo software.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I could not find any vacuum leak with visual inspection. Could EMAP pipe be clogged

Dear customer anything related to the air intake or exhaust system can be involved, the problem is that with this error code it is very difficult to diagnose exactly because it is not very specific.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, thanks. I understand the problem. will have a more detailed scan at the dealer.

Yes dear customer, if there is anything else I can help you with please let me know, kind regards.