sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

We overfilled the gas tank, no it won’t start, toyota aygo

Customer Question

We overfilled the gas tank
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no it won’t start
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: toyota aygo not sure of year
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: i don’t know
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, we have not tried anything yet We are not sure what’s wrong
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer the engine turns over but does not start?

Dear customer there are several reasons why the vehicle may not be starting after overfilling the tank sorry you are going through this probably the pump has left the place due to excess pressure in the fuel tank, also this pump has an internal battery which is responsible for pumping the fuel is also possible that it is already out of place or has been disconnected.

You may need to check what is going on with the pump but don't worry, I don't think there is any damage as such, just something may have gone out of adjustment.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.