Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Clutch valve broke on the motor way, I have been towed home

Customer Question

clutch slave valve broke on the motor way, I have been towed home how mutch to fix and replace the clutch?
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: no but if the slave valve has gone may as well replace the clutch at the same time
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: ford fiesta, 07
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, it is my sons car, The RAC picked him up and diagniosd the problem. we need a mechanic to come to us and fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing I know of. we purchased the car second hand and have only had it a few weeks
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Paul
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Carry on online
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Hi Paul I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear your clutch slave cylinder has failed and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Can I take the reg number please and I will look this up for you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
DX07WRL
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Thanks i will be a few mins

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No problem
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

the reg number isn't listed is this correct?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yep it is
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's a ford fiesta 07 model
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

no problem

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We are just checking the RAC documents to see if repair is included
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

no problem just looking up prices

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

ok so the labour time is 4.1 hours with the UK average labour cost of £65 plus vat so £266 plus vat for labour around £55 for the clutch slave cylinder and around £100 for the clutch kit so an average total cost of £421 plus vat

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi why have I been charged £16 for a phone call that did not occur as the mechanic in question did not have call back available?
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
I don’t have any control over charges but if you would like to contact customer service they will be happy to take care of you. You can contact them here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks Kevin
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
Your very welcome
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Kevin, can you tell me the cost Inc VAT please as it is likely he will want to go ahead
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
The total would be around 505 but this will vary dependent on the labour cost at a local garage
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Kevin, how do we organise this as your price is so much better than a dealship
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
This is only an advice service we do t carry out repairs. You would need to find a local garage. The dealer will always be far more expensive
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also do your organise pick up or do we need to that?
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
We don’t carry out repairs sadly
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 days ago.
you would need to find a local garage but the price should be in the ballpark I’ve given