sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Fiat 500 2009 - Fuel cut off ABS unavailable error message.

Fiat(###) ###-####- Fuel cut off ABS unavailable error message. Tried manual reset procedure, does not work, disconnected battery for 12+ hours, did not work.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: Not checked fluid but brakes are fine
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried manual reset procedure, does not work, disconnected battery for 12+ hours, did not work.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks - can you answer my question?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No phone call

Dear customer, as far as I can see you are experiencing an emergency mode due to the generation of an error code in the brake system.

Basically you have a fault in the brake system that the computer is detecting as dangerous, this causes the vehicle to inhibit the ignition so that you do not drive the vehicle in these circumstances so the reset does not allow you to eliminate the problem.

You should check what is happening in the ABS braking system, you can try to do this visually but ideally through diagnostic equipment with Fiat software to find out the exact error code that is causing the emergency mode and see if it can be reset.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.