Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I need to replace the rear brake pads and also the Diesel

Customer Question

I need to replace the rear brake pads and also the Diesel Fuel filter.
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: external
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Citroen C4 Picasso year 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No nothing tried
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, how can I help you?

Would you like me to help you to locate workshops near you to help you with this procedure?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I thought this was a mobile service
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This appears to be some sort of scam asking for more and more money for no apparant service

Dear customer unfortunately I can't come to your location I can help you to locate a workshop near you, I hope this doesn't affect your experience with us.

Dear customer, you have probably been offered a call service, don't worry, it is not necessary. However I would proceed to release your query to see if another expert is near you and can help you.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 5 days ago.

Hiya

The fuel filter on these vehicles is usually located on top of the engine.  You may have to remove the felt cover if fitted on top of the engine.  This just pulls up off the clips at the front and is usually just slotted in at the back.

The filter itself will either have two or three pipes attached to the top.  The pipes are held on by plastic clips located within the pipe which you press in and then pull the pipe off.  There may also be an electrical connection which with the aid of a small screwdriver to release the clip you can then slide off.

The Filter Assy is then held onto the engine by two bolts usually with 8mm heads.  Undo these to remove the filter assy.

Depending on what filter you have fitted you will either replace the whole unit or you will have to remove the top of the filter assy from the base which is secured usually by 3 T20 Torx Bits. You will also need to twist the centre drain plug anti-clockwise to release that.  The top then comes off and you replace the metal canister.  Don't forget to renew the seal that sits between the top and bottom of the filter.  Reassemble in reverse order.  There may be a small pump on top of the filter to lift the fuel to the filter and bleed the air out of it.

With the Brake Pads you will need to put the Brake Calipers into Service Mode using the appropriate Citroen Diagnostic Equipment or a suitable alternative.  You can then remove the wheels.  Undo the Caliper Bolts that hold the Caliper to the Carrier and remove the Caliper.  Slide the Brake Pads out of the Carrier.  Clean the Carrier using a wire brush or emery paper.  You will then need to use a Wind Back Tool to wind the Pistons back into the Caliper.  Fit the Brake Pads into the Carrier and refit the Caliper.  You should then pump the Brake Pedal to reposition the Pistons and then using the Diagnostic Equipment take the unit out of Service Mode.  Recheck the Brake Fluid level and Torque the Wheel Bolts to the correct tightness.

Phillip