sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have golf mk6 with 1.4 tsi 118kw, vw golf 2009, i have big

Hello I have golf mk6 with 1.4 tsi 118kw
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: vw golf 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have big pressure in the crankcase oil consumption
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: and white grey smoke
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 5000km ago

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer, are you telling me that you have a high oil pressure in the engine? or that you have a high oil consumption?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have my vw golf vi 2009 1.4 tsi 118kw
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hear bad noises from the engine and i have oil consumption with white grey smoke

thank you for clarifying dear customer, how did this happen? did the engine overheat? or was it after a long journey?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No overheating
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have brakeservo defect now and then and obd codes : misfire p0300 and p0304

Dear customer, white smoke is a symptom of coolant in the combustion, this must be mixing with the engine oil, this can be a problem in the cylinder head gasket.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s automatic transmission and when I am stoped the smoke becomes more
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The coolant level is the same

dear customer, it is possible that your problem is that the cylinder head gasket has failed, therefore it is not separating the coolant from the oil and is allowing the coolant to pass into the cylinders, which causes them to burn and you can see it in the smoke.

But I am concerned about the noise you are making, because it may mean that you have engine lubrication problems.

I do not think it is wise for you to continue to drive the vehicle in this condition.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it has nothing with pcv valve ?

Dear customer, the PCV valve is the valve in charge of recirculating the gases produced by the oil, it is OK to check it, but the smoke produced by the engine when this valve is clogged or damaged is very dark blue or grey.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have high pressure in the engine
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The car is parked now for couple of days

Dear customer, then you may have a PCV valve problem.

But be very careful, because of the colouring of the smoke that you indicate, it is possible that you have a damaged cylinder head gasket.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could it be bad piston?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
While driving there is no smoke just while parking

Dear customer, yes, there could be damage to one of the piston rings, but the smoke should also be dark blue or dark grey in colour.

It is normal that sometimes the smoke is not visible when driving, because it disperses quickly under acceleration.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will change the pcv valve and after that I will try to contact you

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you sebastian

Kind regards, Sebastian.