sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My mini R53 cannot start, the headlights keep flashing when

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My mini Cooper R53 cannot start, the headlights keep flashing when trying to ignite
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The instrument in the car is normal
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I connected obd to check that the battery voltage was about 11.5v when it was not started, and when I tried to ignite, the voltage was only 9v
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just bought this car today and drove back to Sheffield from Leicester. everything is normal. At night I try to install a driving recorder. Did not turn off the headlights.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hi
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My 2005 miniCoopers won't start, justs rapid clicking noises

Dear customer, from what you indicate in the voltages, the battery of your mini has reached the end of its useful life and does not have enough energy to start the vehicle correctly.

The voltage should be above 10 volts when it should be considered for replacement, the battery should normally not drop below 10.5 to 11 volts.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The voltage is 11v in the standby state
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Only 9v or lower when firing
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What do i need to try to start the car
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi mate ,still there?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hi

Dear customer, you need a new battery. You can also try to bypass with another auxiliary battery but I do not recommend this as it may damage the electrical system.

Your battery has reached the end of its useful life, it will be able to keep the vehicle running but when you want to restart You won't be able to.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it possible that the problem is that the alarm is locked?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Because I just drove the 50-mile highway today. This problem appeared suddenly. Can be started one second before

Dear customer, you will not be able to start the vehicle with 9V, you need more than 10V.

I would not rule out that the alarm may also be involved but the most important thing at this stage is to check with another battery.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I need to recharge the battery
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Because now the car can’t start, it needs a trailer, which costs a lot

Dear customer just get a borrowed battery to power up your mini, although I recommend that you buy a new battery.

Is there anything else I can help you with?
Kind regards.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thats everything thank you

I'm glad, dear customer, see you next time.