sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’ve had problem with my bmw series 3 for a few Weeks now it

Hello I’ve had problem with my bmw series 3 for a few Weeks now it opens fine the locks starts fine but front lights staying on and nothing is working on the inside like the indicators windows lights won’t turn of
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no dosnt show anything
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your E-Series?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your E-Series yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havebt done anything to it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: car was fine before i let it sit and battery dies I got it jump started and ever since it’s been like that

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you know what problem could be?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was thinking footwell module as the interior lights indicators windows not working and front light stays on the light switch isn’t working car won’t lock only opens by the fob I left the car for a month or so and it went dead so needed a jump start after I jump started the faults happend

Dear customer, it seems that your BMW is not configured, your BMW has a module in charge of the lights, central locking, Conford system etc... It seems that this module has gone out of configuration for some reason.

Ideally, the factory data should be reset with a diagnostic kit, also the relays and fuses should be checked and finally the BCM module should be checked for function.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’ve checked the fuses they all seem good it’s just weird that it’s done this after batttery has been dead
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The radio works fine in the car to
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just want to make sure it’s the module as I don’t wanna spend to much on the car

If it happened after the battery was discharged, it is a simple misconfiguration, don't worry, resetting the data by means of diagnostic equipment will correct it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay mate thankyou will my local garage be able to do it? Or a mobile mechanic?

It is best to go to a workshop that has diagnostic equipment with BMW software, not necessarily an agency, but a workshop that at least has multi-brand diagnostic equipment.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay mate thankyou il phone around tomorroe and ask

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou very much