sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Fault showing electrical fault shift to P before leaving

Fault showing electrical fault shift to P before leaving vehicle
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 15 Reg
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Audi A3
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent try to fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer your Audi has a gear selector sensor that tells the computer what gear the transmission is in whenever we turn off the vehicle we must select gear p so that the transmission is in the best resting position it seems that the selector is not detecting this position of the gear lever that is why I am telling you that you must shift to p before leaving the vehicle.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Do I need to change the selector

Dear customer I would not dare to tell you that you have to replace the selector but I do recommend that you check it.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.