sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Fiat Ulysse '53 reg that has failed it's MOT on

Hi, i have a Fiat Ulysse '53 reg that has failed it's MOT on sliding exterior doors not working on both sides. The doors can be opened from the inside with the button but cant be opened from the outside using the handles. Garage need to source a part for this for both sides of the car in order for it to pass its MOT. can you help advise where to source them ftom please?? thanks, Liz
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '53 Fiat?
Customer: sorry havent got any other details to hand to specify. i will try to find out and get back to you.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no its at the garage theyre trying to source the part but having difficulty. not sure they have the time to look but we need our family car backnon the rd asap
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no the only thing the guy at garage said was that it must be microswitch inside the exterior door handle part as theres definitely power going to operate the door as it can be opened from inside with the button thanks

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
cant call. please can you help with the problem of sourcing a part for a Fiat Ulysse?

DEAR CUSTOMER, give me a moment to look up the part number in my manual and help you locate them.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thanksq
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how long do you think it will take to find?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello?

Dear customer, it's taking me a little longer than I thought it would, do you think you can wait a little longer or do you want me to abandon your question? I'm still looking for a new question.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok pls keep looking thanks

I would suggest you either visit your local Fiat Dealer who will be able to source the correct part for you. You can find your nearest Fiat Dealer here: Fiat Dealer Locator.

If you are looking for an aftermarket part then I would suggest you try someone like Euro Car Parts: Euro Car Parts where you can enter your registration number and search for parts. Alternatively you can contact your local branch for assistance.

Euro Car Parts also have the option of sending your old unit for refurbishment.

Just one thing to bear in mind when sourcing the part for your vehicle yourself is the issue of warranty. Should the unit fail within the warranty period you would be liable to pay the garage for removal and fitting of a new part. If the garage fits the part they supply themselves then they are liable for all repair costs!

Anyway, I am looking for the part you need by other means.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you some.helpful info there. but let me know if you find the part thanks

Yes dear customer I will let you know, anyway, with the information I have given you, I think you will have no problems, kind regards.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. I am satisfied with your helpful support.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
5star rating thanks. Sorry i think i pressed the star screen on 1 star by accident. i was multitasking! Thanks for your help. Satisfied customer

Thank you dear customer, we are always here to serve.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i do need to ask how do i unsubscribe as this was a cheaper trial?

You must notify the moderators, I can also do it for you, but sometimes it is more useful, that you directly write to them through the customer service section, however, I have already proceeded to notify them.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
great thanks

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.