Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

On the 2011Mini Countryman R60 Diesel is it possible to

On the 2011Mini Countryman R60 Diesel is it possible to replace the turbo without moving the engine forward? (The turbo is at the back under the scuttle panel)
Any advice would be a great help and much appreciated.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2011 56000 miles, the turbo seal has gone
JA: What year is your Countryman?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Countryman yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Steve

Hi, Steve, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you are having to replace the turbo and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Can i take the vehicle identification number please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
GK61BVT

thanks let me look this up I will be a few mins.

ok so the description on the replacement is that it doesn't fit out the top it comes out from below

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks but I can't realy see how it comes out from the bottom as when the bolts are removed from the exhaust manifold the turbo has to be lifted up??

it shouldn't need to be lifted once the three bolts are removed it should slide off

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
are you saying that the engine does not need to be moved forward to gain access to the turbo and remove it?
Also can I assume that the DPF filter does not need to be removed?

correct

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I also assume that the DPF heat shield does'nt need to be remove, just the lower heat shield covering the turbo, C clamp (turbo to DPF) and the 3 bolts on the exhaust manifold, Is that correct?

yes that's it

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK, Great. Thanks and fingers crossed.

good luck. it's never as easy as the guide says. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!