IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

Fiat Doblo noise from rear doors, yes, Fiat Doblo 2018, i

Fiat Doblo noise from rear doors
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Fiat?
Customer: Fiat Doblo 2018
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just bought this today. Driving it back home I became aware of the issue. I will not be able to fix this myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it’s rattling from the top of the rear sliding doors on both sides. It feels like when the car flexes the doors creak and vibrate. The noise is like a rattle and dies not stop.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can tell you more

This problem is normally due to the top latches not being correctly secured it can be ffixed sometimes by re adjusting the top latches by looening the mounting bolts and moving them closer to the door then tighten the bolts and see if the lactch secures correctly if not it may be a faulty or worn latch on the door and will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The vehicle has two sliding rear doors. There is a rattle on both sides like the doors are not ‘snug’ enough. You have suggested the latches could be worn, is this the common solution

Yes the latches on the Doblos are a common issue normally they need to be replaced but you can try to adjust them first.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have a 14 day money back guarantee but I bought the car from a garage 3 hours away. I wish I had turned the radio down on the drive back! I’d like to fix it and keep the car
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I might tell the garage to replace them. I might pop it to the fiat garage tomorrow and just see what it would cost? Do you have a rough no obligation idea of the cost to replace ? Thank you so much.

If you go to a Fiat garage it will cost a lot more than a normal repair garage or even a body repair center will be able to repair or replace them at a cheaper cost then taking it to a Fiat dealer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I was thinking about just getting someone to say that it is exactly what it is so I can call the vendor and say “sort this out” although I could just tell them that you told me this and they need to sort it. I paid the asking price but I’d like this sorted. Thanks for your advice
You don’t think it could be anything else?

Best thing to do is to ring him as they dont have to reimburse youwith out authorisation then get him a quote from a local repair garage and then they will normally transfer the funds after you supply an estimate or quote.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. We are going to go to the local fiat, ask the question, get a quote and phone the original garage and say “what’s your procedure for fixing this?” If not they can have it back cuz it’s the worse noise lol fab car, 3 years old with 16k mileage! I love it
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Ian

Probably the best solution as you shouldnt have to pay fo rit as it is recently purchased. If youdo not get any help of the selleing dealer and you have finance on the vehicle contact your finance company as they are abliged to assist you with the problem.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That’s great. I bought it outright. I’ll look at it in the light and speak to the people. I just needed to know of it was fixable. It seems it could be.

Ok good luck.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks. Have a good evening.