sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Fiat motor home 4 years old 8000 miles on the

I have a Fiat motor home 4 years old 8000 miles on the clock
JA: What is the model/year of your Fiat?
Customer: purchased 2016 in December Maxi Chassis Cab 40 LHI 2-3 1 back in early December it had a Lambda sensor fitted £650 ,4 miles later the engine warning light came back on ,and now it’s another sensor it says ,checked ECM and found pins 27plus 55all ok checked signal wires 65 plus 48 found no signal to on pin 65 internal failure of ECM requires new parts ,total this time £1166.64 plus vat .My argument with the garage is how did there know the lambda needed replacing but each time there’s £270 for a diagnostic test which is a bit over the top I feel .
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: December 66 it was new ,didn’t stand in any fields
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I’ve had quote from the Fiat garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve sent an email to the garage awaiting a reply ,but £2000 for two sensors that’s over the top

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem.

Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer what happens is that these sensors usually give the headaches to be diagnosed because there are two sensors one that comes before the catalyst and one that comes after the catalyst sometimes when we perform the diagnosis we can not say frar which of the two sensors is the one that is really giving problems, this depends a lot on the experience of the technician I personally know the ranges and operating parameters of the sensors this allows me to determine which of the sensors is out of normal operating range and based on this to perform The replacement. In addition, many times when we have codes referring to the exhaust sensors it does not mean that the sensors are defective because these sensors are in charge of measuring the state of the mixture of the cylinders through the exhaust gases, so the sensor may be detecting that the mixture of the cylinders is not correct, but it does not mean that the sensors are defective. In such cases a check of the fuel injection and air intake systems should be made.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the sensors may be ok but the fuel injectors or intake may be at fault and if it’s the injectors that’s sounds expensive
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you I understand and what you’ve said confirms to me of what I said to the garage ,as I’ve asked the question once this failed again after 4 miles did you change the sensor but not following this further ,and now it’s come to light and a mistake has been made

The truth is not so expensive because nowadays there is equipment that allows to check these injectors are known as test bench also these same equipment can clean the injectors and in most cases with the cleaning usually fix the injectors as it is very common that the indicators are clogged by dirt is cleaning helps to remove all the dirt and the injector is working normally.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No it’s ok it gives me some amnumission to return to the garage

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.