Eric
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My Bentley continental stereo won’t boot up, Yes, all is

Customer Question

My Bentley continental stereo won’t boot up
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes, all is fine, it’s stuck in a boot loop
JA: What year is your Continental?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I tried holding down the three buttons to reset the unit
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the Naim amplifier stopped working first
Category: Car
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi can you help?
Expert:  Eric replied 19 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Eric. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi my name is Jahmel
Expert:  Eric replied 19 days ago.

Hi Jahmel! Nice to see you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating.
Please give me a moment to type out some information for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Eric replied 19 days ago.

Hi Jahmel

Turn the unit off, then turn ignition off. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery for 10 minutes. Then reconnect and turn vehicle on and turn on unit to see if it will complete booting up

If it does not, the software file is corrupted and you will need a dealer reflash with new software

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
If I disconnect the battery won’t the car need to do a relearn of suspension, steering positioning etc
Expert:  Eric replied 19 days ago.

HI

Not for just a 10 minute disconnect

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay thank you I will give that a try
Expert:  Eric replied 19 days ago.

You're welcome, Jahmel! Glad I could be of some help today! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask!
Have a great day!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions!