sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Car will not start ok this afternoon, new battery fitted 6

Customer Question

car will not start ok this afternoon
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: new battery fitted 6 weeks ago
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 58 vauxhall mireva club
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked battery connections ok turning over ok just not kicking in
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: cant think of anything
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, what does the car do when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
just turns over dose not fire up

Dear customer, but I mean if the panel turns on, the engine turns over but does not start, or does nothing and is completely dead?

Dear customer I understand the problem you are experiencing, according to the symptoms there is a possibility that the problem is at the fuel injection level. But fuel preheaters can also cause this kind of problem. Let me explain the factors that a diesel engine needs to start properly: the first thing is good fuel pressure and high compression in the cylinders because as the diesel is a bit volatile it needs to spray at high pressure in the injectors and then be subjected to high compression in the cylinders. But first of all they need to be preheated so that the fuel can give the first combustion and then the same temperature of the engine allows the good operation of the vehicle, the preheating is given by preheating spark plugs when they are not heating the fuel unfortunately the vehicle does not start. But also a loss of injection pressure and a lack of compression of the cylinders can cause the vehicle not to start.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian