sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2004 5cylinder 2.7 engine mercedes loss of power and black

Customer Question

2004 5cylinder 2.7 engine mercedes loss of power and black smoke when driven hard
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: no oil loss or coolant on 84.000 miles removed turbo no play have changed a pipe to booster valve
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No turbo was good checked pipes for splits have been advised dirty egr valve failed to find one also with engine on hi revs expected pressure in rubber pipework to intercooler but still soft
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think off
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am sorry that you have this kind of inconvenience, black smoke is a very important symptom of excess fuel in the combustion of the cylinders, this means that you may have problems in the fuel injection system that is injecting fuel excessively, this could mean that you have problems in the injectors or the injector pump. But also this type of problem occurs when there is little air in the mixture of the cylinders, this could mean problems in the EGR valve or turbo, I note that you have already checked the turbo and pipes but apparently you have a problem in the EGR valve while you do not solve this problem you will continue to present this smoke in the exhaust. You should also keep in mind that if you have problems in the exhaust all these problems will be taken to the intake and then to the engine through the EGR valve which means that you should check the exhaust system, you may have an excess of obstruction due to accumulated dirt.