sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Some times my car doesn't start - it's got a new battery,

Customer Question

Some times my car doesn't start - it's got a new battery
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Its a new battery so don't think so
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Transit Van 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried nothing when I stop the van - I turn the key and nothing happens all the electrics work fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer, when you turn the key, what does the car do?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The electrics turn on as normal and then nothing happens its take a few trys to get it going
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Then some times it works first time no bother

I understand dear customer, you don't hear the starter motor turning?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If I'm honest I don't think I normally do

Dear customer in this case since the battery was checked, there are several determining factors to check, firstly, verify that the starter relay and starter motor can be started, also check that there is no indicator on the dashboard, which may be generating an emergency mode that cuts power, such as active immobilizer system and of course, check with a multimeter the battery charge, as sometimes, the load is high enough to turn on the electrical components but not the mechanical.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian