sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Abs light is on and speedometers not working, no just abs I

Customer Question

Abs light is on and speedometers not working
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: no just abs I believe
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vauxhall zafira Ad59puk
JA: What year is your Vauxhall?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I’m not looking for repairs
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I believe that is all
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nice to talk with you

Dear customer, have you done any diagnostics for error codes?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there is no fault codes

Dear customer, all ABS indicators are related to an error code, but many devices do not have access to these modules.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I bought a cheap code reader and displays no codes

Dear customer, a generic code reader does not have access to the ABS system and therefore cannot detect faults related to this module on all models.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok so what do I need to do to fix my problems
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what about my speedo

Dear customer, the first thing you should do is a diagnosis from a more specialised equipment, because as I said before not everyone has access to these modules, then if the problem is not corrected from a more specialised equipment, we must perform an inspection of the brake system and the wheel position sensor, that any factor that detects instability in the vehicle, can generate that this sensor is activated.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks for advice

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How about my speedo that also didn’t work

Dear customer, spedometers can only be reset from diangostic tools, although they usually fail due to faulty connections.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok everything on dash works apart from speedo fuel rpm all working fine just speedo

Dear customer, if this is the case, it is advisable to perform a reset, this problem is quite common.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How would I do a reset please

Dear customer, fortunately, from the same diagnostic tool with the brand's software, you can have access to the different actuators of your dashboard.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
take the vehicle to a garage then ?

Dear customer, yes, it is the most effective for the kind of problem you have, but these checks are not expensive.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok Thankyou

Kind regards, Sebastian