sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Excessive water coming from exhaust system, 77.000, Mazda

Customer Question

Excessive water coming from exhaust system,
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 77.000
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Mazda mx5 Mark 2
JA: Are you fixing your MX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ,changed cylinder head casket
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats the only problem
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hope you can help

Dear customer

Dear customer, is the coolant draining?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer first of all, if the problem started after changing the head gasket, it is most likely that some seal was poorly placed and water is escaping through this area, remember that there are several elements that can leak water, but given your case, I would recheck this element, however sometimes it may happen that there is an excess of water accumulated due to moisture, which could represent a failure in the catalytic converter, as water is a by-product during emission, however this failure is the least frequent, if you tell me more about the loss of coolant, overheating in the engine, a change in oil colour or other factors, perhaps we could evaluate other reasons, any information that you think can help to further deepen your query, will be well received.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian