sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Trip computer trips out and I lose all electrics,

Trip computer trips out and I lose all electrics, indicaters, lights etc. Before tripping out, random warnings, brake fluid, engine service, windscreen wash etc. No rhyme or reason. Been looked at by two garages who cannot find fault. Very scary for me, I cannot drive at night or on a motorway. Beside myself.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: Beake fluid fine, car well serviced. Lights dont stay on they flash from one thing to another. Strange thing is aircon comes on at same time randomly without being touched.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Focus titanium ecoboost 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ford dealership, Bristol Street Motors, local mechanic who sent trip computer to ECU testing in Derbyshire. Neither can find problem
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Car runs perfectly well other than this. Always been serviced and maintained by Ford.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, does only the electronic system fail?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
engine keeps running

Dear customer, has an actuator test been performed on the panel?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Actuator test performed by ECUTesting

Dear customer, no anomalies were found? Was the wiring also checked?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Wiring I believe was checked but unsure to what degree. Issue was fault couldn't be replicated I assume.

Dear customer then if it has to be a damage in the cluster, what happens is that the clusters are checked on a special bench or diagnostic equipment is used to do an actuator test that orders the cluster to activate all the indicators on the dashboard to see if it is not a problem of electrical wiring or the signal received from the light switch.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Back to the beginning, the cluster has been sent away and checked. Put back to factory settings for example . Not the cluster.

Dear customer, I believe the fault is a wiring problem between the ECU and the cluster.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian