sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My slk has about ins. of free play at the steering wheel

Customer Question

my slk has about ins. of free play at the steering wheel although it has only done 48,000 miles.
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: it's ok on the road there is no vagueness about the steering
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 slk 230 y reg
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wasn't planning to do the work myself.. I suspect that the problem is the steering box (I wish they had fitted rack and pinion steering!)
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Apart from checking the ball joints, no
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, would you like me to help you find an expert nearby to do this job?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no thanks!

Dear customer, yes I consider that the problem could be in the element you mention, but if you don't want me to recommend a nearby expert for the revision, what exactly do you want me to help you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nothing, Thanks

Dear customer, from what I understand you only wanted to have your assumption corroborated, correct?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian