sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Starter motor on my van needs replacing, A couple of weeks

Customer Question

Starter motor on my van needs replacing
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: A couple of weeks ago it was a series of rapid ones, now it’s just one loud click
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ford Transit connect 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried Jump starting it and hitting/tapping the starter motor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so! Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem.

Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer you have previously told me that you want to change the starter motor due to a problem that you present in it, first of all, I would like you to proceed with a review of what are the connections of the starter motor this, and of course the starter motor relay as in many cases is the main cause of the starter motor does not work, on the other hand, in the following link is a supplier that can suministrate the engine, if it were to be really damaged

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131291017424

You can also let me know your location to help you find a garage near you, where they can help you with these replacements.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian