BrookerMechanic
BrookerMechanic,
Experience:  dasdasd
114994970

My car randomly shuts off and won’t start till about 10

Customer Question

My car randomly shuts off and won’t start till about 10 minutes later, it’s not over heating and the the electrics still work
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: No I’m don’t really know much about cars
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Volkswagen Golf 2006
JA: Are you fixing your e-Golf yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven’t tried
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s all
Category: Car
Expert:  BrookerMechanic replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I am here to look into your question today so please feel free to ask me anything required in order to get your problem resolved! We all understand it can be annoying when your auto is not operating as expected but not to worry I will do my upmost to help get it sorted. I am just looking at the information you have provided now so just bare with me for a few moments please.

When it shuts off does it still let you try to start and does it crank over ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It tries to start but just keeps making the starting sound and it just goes on till you stop, it will eventually start after about 10 tries
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’d prefer message

Thats fine.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What do you think it could be?

Is it a petrol or diesel Golf ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s a 1.9 tdi

Ok it will most likely be a fault on the fuel system,

I would first get a diagnostic check done on the vehicles control modules as there should be fault codes stored in the control module related to the symptoms you are getting once you have obtained the fault codes it will give you more information on the problems relating to the problems. You can get these done at most garages.

As it is likely t o be a fuel pump or fuel pump relay cutting the fuel supply to the engine or it could be a faulty crankshaft sensor but these problems should be found when scanning the vehicles for fault codes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No problem I’ll get it to the garage, thank you for your help

You’re very welcome! It has been a pleasure to help you today, is there anything further I can assist with? Thanks for choosing Just Answer I hope you have a great day.