Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Please I keep hearing rattling noise whenever am driving on

Customer Question

Please I keep hearing rattling noise whenever am driving on high speed especially from 70mph
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I can’t tell what it is. I just started hearing it yesterday. I only got this car on Friday. CLA220D
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It’s CLA220D Mercedes 2016 i have the video of the recording if I can share it but not sure where to send if
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have complained to the dealers but trying to figure out what the issue is.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not at all. It’s just the rattling noise can I share a video on here?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My name is KC
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Nice to meet you Rob
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Hello KC.

- If you have video of the noise that would be helpful.Also do you have rough idea on the area around the car you hear this or does it change at all when braking,steering etc?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I hear the rattling noise when am on high speed especially on 70mph
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Unfortunately can’t send videos here just pics
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Ok. do you hear this from a certain area on the car?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Around the dashboard I suppose
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is there anyway I can send the recording for you to hear?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If I can share the video I think it will be helpful
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Yes if you can via the paper clip icon you should be able to upload a short video.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can’t seem to find that heat
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It only shows camera clip
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Arę u there Pls
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Thats fine if your unable to upload your video. i can explain one common thing that maybe causing the noise your describing of course it will need further diagnoses to be able to verify it. the first most common is the navigation display bracket. There was an issue with these causing similar issue vibration or rattle behind the dash.it means if that the case the dash would need to be partly removed in order to replace that. The part is readily available part code A176-680-00-14

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please have you got a number to send the video to listen to or somewhere else I can send it to?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What about email?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Sorry all correspondence has to be made over this website we are not allowed to give out personal details here nor emails.just website policy