Casey Atwood
Casey Atwood, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Expert
110262156

Recived a error, Yes, Vw golf r, 2014, Have not tried

Customer Question

Recived a error
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vw golf r
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope
Category: Car
Expert:  Casey Atwood replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Mechanical Support! I amCustomer I will be Investigating and supporting your question today. I understand it can be frustrating when your auto is not working as expected, but don't worry as I am here to get you back on your way! I am just looking over the information you have provided, if you have any additional information that you believe will help me to support you please feel free to send it over. Kind regards,Customer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (Z763TG5)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (TLVTQQ2)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is this error?

Good evening, thank you for the images you have attached. The most likely reason for the P0011 code to have appeared as well as the P000A is because of the cause of the P000A code. The cause of the P000A code includes:

• Low oil pressure due to restriction in an oil passage or a bad oil pump.

• A faulty camshaft position sensor.

• A faulty camshaft position actuator solenoid.

• Camshaft adjustment valve 1 fault.

• A faulty VCT (variable cam timing) phaser.

• Binding in the VCT unit.

• Damaged or corroded connector terminal, wiring, or harness.

So, if you find the cause and repair the faulty component that is causing the P000A fault, then it's very likely that it will repair the P0011 fault code as well. I suggest you have the vehicle towed to a local mechanic so they can inspect the vehicle and trace the faulty component. But the cause can be potentially anything from the list above. Kind regards,Customer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

You're welcome, is there anything else I can help you with today? Kind regards,Customer

Expert:  Casey Atwood replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I appreciate the time and effort you have given me to help support you. If you would like to follow up with me at any point, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Kind regards,Customer