sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am receiving a series of fault notifications on my 2019 Q5

I am receiving a series of fault notifications on my 2019 Q5 - issues with Gear box transmission, stability, 4x4, tyres, steering wheel but the engine starts OK. I think it is an electrical fault issue
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Tyres are not the issue
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes looking at it myself but haven’t tried anything so far other than restarting
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am sorry you are having this kind of inconvenience with your Q5

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
To clarify, I have an Audi, not a ford. I have not done any diagnostics

I would like to know how long the main battery on your Q5 has been running, and if you have done any servicing.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I only bought the car from an Audi dealer 6 months ago. So I have not replaced nor could tell you whether it is the original or whether it has been replaced

Dear customer this type of failure can occur when the battery has a long time of use, what happens is that the load cells of the battery may be damaged causing the amperage of the battery is low even the same battery voltage may be low, this makes the modules do not work properly and causes erroneous signals between the sensors and electronic modules, it is very characteristic that when this type of failure occurs several indicators are activated at once because the battery affects several modules simultaneously.

Therefore, it is highly recommended to replace the battery and check the battery connections very well before proceeding with any computer diagnostics or any deep revision.

have I made myself clear? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks Sebastian, i think i will try that tomorrow
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that’s is clear and helpful. Thank you

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas. 

Thank you for trusting Justanswer.