sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a seat Toledo coming up with faults p246300 and

Customer Question

Hi I have a seat Toledo coming up with faults p246300 and p019700 it’s had a new dpf and sensor and still in limp mode
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: p246300 and p019700
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: seat Toledo 67
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive had a new dpf and new oil temperature sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it won’t regenerate
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Denice

Dear customer, indeed the error codes that you present are related to the dpf and the oil temperature sensor, so it seems to me very appropriate that the revisions began there, however, what symptoms did you present? that is to say, what faults apart from a management light have you been observing?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
These are the only faults, when I ask to do a regeneration and go through the checks it says not supported

Dear customer, was a code reset done after these changes?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Dear Denice as long as the oil light is on the vehicle will not be able to regenerate the DPS. Therefore the code will persist, first you have to solve the problem with the oil light also have to be very careful with this indicator as a lubrication problem in the engine can cause major damage in the leading to high repair costs, the first thing I recommend is to check the lubrication status of the engine for this disassemble the top cover of the engine and see if you are getting oil properly to the top of the engine in case what is not so must replace the pump do not worry any technician can help with this is not necessary to be a specialized technician.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.