sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My vehicle drives fine but the other day I got stuck in

Customer Question

Hi my vehicle drives fine but the other day I got stuck in traffic and clouds of smoke from the exhaust when I started to move it cleared and drove fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: it’s done 138.000 , i only do very small miles, it hasn’t done any miles in the last 7 or 8 days
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: vw touran 1.6 petrol 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not really but I don’t want to put it into a garage to find it’s a big bill when I could put it to another car, if i could repair it I would, it’s been a good car.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the oil filler very gungey but it doesn’t use lot’s of oil or water
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, do you currently have any faults, anomalies or indicators?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No faults , no warning lights, the vehicle start’s first time every time and it’s a nice vehicle to drive

Dear customer, what I would do is a regeneration, driving at about 50 km per hour for 30 min, so that the catalytic converters warm up and clean, I do not see any serious problem to consider with what you tell me.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, as a general answer and given what you have told me previously, I must tell you that you do not seem to have a serious problem, what I do consider is that it is possible that you should do a regeneration, driving about 50 km per hour, for about 30 minutes so that the preheaters reach an operating temperature that manages to clean your filters and something like what you say does not happen again.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.