sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When started it revs to 1700rpm then down to normal tick

when started it revs to 1700rpm then down to normal tick over. Also the D R N etc indicator on the dashboard has gone.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Engine not long
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Serena 2009 2.0ltr
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, ordered part number 31918-1XF00
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There was a short in the dashboard before this problem started, a friend was fitting a stereo
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My name is Jon

Hello dear Jon, have you done any diagnostics?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
P0705 fault
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Rather msg than talk. I'm not near car

Dear customer, did you check the TSR sensor?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where is that? How do I check it?

Dear costumer, the transmission position sensor, also known as a transmission range sensor, is an electronic sensor that provides a position input to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) so that the transmission can be correctly controlled by the PCM according to the position commanded by the sensor. The transmission range sensor is sometimes also referred to as a park/neutral switch or safety switch. It communicates with the vehicle's transmission control module and the PCM, and is connected to the transmission manual valve. It is checked with a multimeter, checking its connections, since the error code you present is related to it and it is likely that the problem of starting at those revolutions is because the car enters an emergency mode due to the failure of the sensor. If you wish, I can recommend experts in this kind of problems that are near you, to help you with the revisions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is the part/sensor 31918-1XF00?

Dear customer, I would have to verify this, where did you get this part number from?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Advice and google

Dear customer, no the part you are sending me is a neutral safety switch, this is a safety device that will only allow you to start the engine when the automatic transmission is in park or neutral, it is not directly related to error code P0705.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is position sensor behind the dashboard? Near/on the gear stick?

Dear customer, sorry, if it is the same part, that you have shown me before, I had put the wrong code when I googled it, but it is the same one that you have already identified with the part

31918-1XF00

.

Dear customer, the first thing you should do is to check the part we have discussed above, as your code refers directly to it, after this, you will reset it from a diagnostic tool, as even after it has been changed, the error code will remain active and you will have to clear it.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.