sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Audi A4 2013 b8 8k2.,clunky when put in 1st gear and again

Audi A4 2013 b8 8k2.,clunky when put in 1st gear and again in reverse.
shafts bearings ok.
jack up front wheel, turning wheels fwd and reverse, as if gaps in gears , had new clutch fitted 2year ago , looking from rear box, seem noise at rear of box electrical end, was told don't worry cost to much for repair, so I'm a little worried.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, did you perform any diagnostics with a diagnostic tool?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No just hearsay at gearbox centre my name is jim
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Try***********
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This number is ***** new one....jim
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just talking please.

Hi Jin, could you explain your query a little better please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK ya, flat and reversing only.
Jack up front end ,turning wheel fwd and reverse.
in gearbox clunky noise, maybe play in different.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fwd
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Car driving well no issues with clutch (new).or brake pads or shafts bearing all been checked
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Looking from rear end (electric end) can hear from box, maybe shaft etc
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Gearbox is automatic tiptronic b8 8k2 of that helps
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dual clutch no issues there.

Dear customer, I notice that you have duplicated the details in two queries, .I am checking the other you have sent.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
had no contact just left.

Dear customer, I would like to know if your model has rear wheel drive, also if you have checked rear bearings and rear brakes ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No only forward drink, noise is from gearbox, I can hear it.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fwd drive...its auto texts
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you still there
Dear customer, the problem I believe you are experiencing is related to a loss of viscosity in the internal transmission fluid and should be changed, apart from the other considerations I have mentioned above, I believe fluid replacement should be your first step.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, I will as
I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. 

For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas

Kind regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Job done, new gearbox oil, many thanks

Perfect, dear customer! Thank you for letting me know.