IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

Replaced starter battery on my 2007 R230 SL350, now red

Replaced starter battery on my 2007 R230 SL350, now red battery warning light is on. Not sure what's causing it. I'm new to owning an SL
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Laminated battery light on the display
JA: What year is your SL?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was having problems starting, it died twice in o e hour so bought and replaced battery myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, that's all

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

It could be that you have connected the battery up in the wrong order or it also could be that the aux battery is faulty as there is another snmaller aux battery.

The correct way is to disconnect the rear one, then the front one, when connecting again, connect the front one, then the rear one, do it wrong and the red message comes up.

It can also be the BNS (power supply control module) in the boot (upper right wheel arch) is faulty and isnt putting the correct messages on the BUS.