sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It’s confirmed that my VW Sharan needs a new EGR valve and

It’s confirmed that my VW Sharan needs a new EGR valve and I’ve been quoted £300 for the valve and £300labour….is this reasonable?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 2011 150000 miles….no leaks but rough idle and loss of power. Mechanic confirmed it’s a faulty EGR valve
JA: What is the model of your '11 VW?
Customer: sharan
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: are you an AI by any chance? You don’t seem to be responding specifically to the info I’m providing
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi - the mechanic examined my car today and confirmed it needs a new EGR valve. I just want to know if the price they have quoted me is reasonable. They quoted £300 for the valve and £300 for labour. Is that a fair price for a VW Sharan?

Dear customer, is this an official agency?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My name is ***** *****
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it’s a reputable mechanic in my home town

Dear customer, the price seems to me to be very reasonable, if it is an official workshop and an original spare part.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. Yes it’s a new part and an official workshop. It’s just seemed expensive to me, but I don’t know anything about cars so I wouldn’t know

Dear customer, if the work is well priced if the part is original and the technician is certified for this, if you wish you can still share the codes with me to understand why he decided to do this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not sure if the codes. But they spent an hour examining the car and showed me how the exhaust gases are blowing back thru the engine, they were coming out thru the oil cap. My car has been losing power and an engine warning light flashing for about a week. I can also smell fumes in the cabin itself.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
All symptoms point to the EGR valve. The codes showed it but they also checked the engine thoroughly to confirm
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Bottom line is, assuming they have diagnosed correctly the price they quoted is a fair one….that’s all that really matters

Yes dear customer, regarding the price, it is correct.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.