Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

Had a test drive in disco sport when applied brake to stop a

Hi had a test drive in disco sport when applied brake to stop a noise occurred clunk/vibration, been assured everything okay it can happen if vehicle has been standing
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: discovery sport 2021
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No have been told there isn’t a problem just want to know if I am been fed a line in the fact that have been told it is making noise because it been standing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly. You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

Whilst a light grinding or scaping noise may be present due to the vehicle standing and allowing a light film of corrosion to build up on the brake discs, this may also give a light vibration, a clunk in not a noise which should be present. This would suggest some think is moving then hitting another component. This could be movement in the brake pads due to the extra friction on the brake discs, but I would not be happy that this was occurring.

For a 2021 vehicle, there should be no clunks or knocks.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread. Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Steve