Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 18+ years - master tech. 20+ years, SAE member
30385560

My run flat warning comes on after I turn the car on checked

My run flat warning comes on after I turn the car on checked all tyres and tried to reset but it still comes on someone said it’s because I have rubber valves on the wheels not metal ones is that right ?
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: no I have not checked
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: c class 2011 220d amg sport
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I got the car yesterday but the person said it’s because it needs metal valves not the rubber ones
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed. If you get prompted for a premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point. My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience. May I know your first name?

The valves can be rubber or metal. It's not the issue. If the tyres are inflated to the right pressures, as indicated on the door sticker, then the system will need checking using diagnostic equipment. Because one or more of the sensors in the wheels would be causing this problem. This sensor will need to be replaced. The new sensor will need to be paired to the vehicle. And the light will go out.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok how much are the sensors

I will check now.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you

Thank you for your trust. Cheers.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very happy with the quick response

Thank you for your kind words. I will attach some more info about this system in pdf. You can keep it for future reference.

Here are the details.