Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

We have a Renault scenic and my husband was trying to fix a

Hi we have a Renault scenic and my husband was trying to fix a reversing sensor to the reversing light. He thinks he may have blown a fuse but we can't work out which fuse number is ***** the light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The reversing light
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 2011 scenic Iii
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, he is trying to fix a parking sensor and thinks he may have blown the fuse We have checked all the fuses in the dash compartment up to 30a and they all look ok Wasn't sure if it was a power share, unfortunately car didn't come with a manual!
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Emma

Hi Emma I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your reverse lights and sensors and I totally understand how frustrating this is. So are the reverse lights working?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, the reverse light has stopped working, we have xhecked the bulb and it's fine

ok perfect can I take the vehicle registration number and I will look this up

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ds11cua

thanks i will post back shortly

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fab thanks

ok, so I have fuses 17 and 12 in the engine fuse box as the only two listed for reverse lights. Both are 7.5 amp fuses

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where is the engine fuse box?

on the right hand side in the engine bay

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We looked yesterday and couldn't see any fuse boxes, he's going to have another look

its there but very likely has a cover on it right on the right hand side

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There is only one fuse in there

can you take a zoomed-out picture?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Far right

so the box behind this should be a fuse box also

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can't get the lid off that one

not sure how it comes off but I'm pretty sure that's where you need to be

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Doesn't look like fuses

I think the top of it has to come off. Is there any more in the battery box? I have three separate fuse boxes listed in the engine bay

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Found it, replaced it and it works! Thank you

you are very welcome. 

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!