sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an issue with my 2006 Peugeot 206 cc vehicle - the

Customer Question

Hi, I have an issue with my 2006 Peugeot 206 cc vehicle - the windows have stopped working and the roof no longer opens. It may or may not be related but this seems to have happened since I had a new radio fitted and a camera that is connected to the cigarette lighter.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: On this site yes
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a 206. We have changed the fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Jose this is Juliet, are you a Peugeot mechanic?

This happened all at the same time?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Seriously Jose, I wait all this time and that is your question?

Dear customer, it takes a while from the time you send to the time I receive your question, hence the wait, I need to know if everything happened at the same time to see if they are related, at first glance it looks like a central locking problem, maybe a blown fuse, or a deprogramming due to the electrical manipulation that was done during the mentioned assembly, hence my question.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don't know if it happened at the same time which is why I said it might not be related. I only noticed it after the radio and camera had been installed. we have already tried changing the fuses.

Dear customer these two systems are usually related by the central locking, there are no indicators on the dashboard? the keys work normally to lock the doors? if this is so, then it could have generated a short circuit in the installation that supplies power to the power windows, that is why it is so necessary to check the fuses to rule out that the fault is not generated in them, a visual inspection may not be enough and would require a review with a multimeter to verify that power reaches the connectors of the mechanisms of the window .

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay, thanks that is not going to happen as there are no Peugeot dealers where I live so they will not have the correct equipment.
Let's terminate the conversation.

Dear customer, it is not necessary that this is done in an official dealer, a workshop specialised in electronics can check this, if you wish, I could recommend an expert in your area to check what I have told you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don't know of any experts in my area - I live in Grand Cayman - Cayman Islands.

Dear customer in your area there are very good mechanics who have the ability to make electrical revisions, here I recommend the best of the area.

Performance Automotive

+13459462886

Wise Auto

+13459227671

Auto King

+13459461079

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay thank you.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.