sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I did the service to my car today(oil, oil filter, fuel

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i did the service to my car today(oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter now the car doesnt start
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it seam to me no fuel
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: golf mk5 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just attemped to turn on the car and after few attempt in the car it apper the message pressure oil off stop
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I thought I put to much oil then I took out a bit but nothing change
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, is there an indicator on your dashboard? when you drained the oil level, did you top it up to the mark? this indicator you see may be referring to low oil level.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi sebastian I'm Giuseppe
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I drain the old oil and put in 4liter new
inside

Dear customer, sometimes the level indicator may get stuck, which would require a reset from a diagnostic unit, have you done this?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
nope
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
that means I couldn't start the car without diagnostic unit, right?

Dear customer you could try a quick reset by removing the negative terminal for 1 min, but if this doesn't work you will have to recheck the filters, make sure they are set correctly, and if it doesn't work, you will have to reset from the diagnostic unit, luckily this is very cheap nowadays, and almost any garage with a diagnostic tool can do this.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.