sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Fiat Doblo 1.3 Multijet engine is leaking fuel fuel from

Customer Question

My Fiat Doblo 1.3 Multijet engine is leaking fuel fuel from injector. I renewed 4 injectors and copper seals. I honed the seal seat flat. I torqued the clamps to 20Nm. But it is still leaking. Can you help please?
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Fiat?
Customer: 2010 Doblo van
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. New injectors new copper seals.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, does only 1 injector have this problem or all of them?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Number 3 injector only
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No phone call thank you
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Are you still there.
Did you check for a problem with the injector connection? Is it leaking? Or is fuel under pressure?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The engine starts ok and runs ok but you can see the fuel leaking from where the injector sits in the cylinder head.

Dear customer I consider that the area where the injector fits is not fitting, this is also called injector rest, this work is somewhat cumbersome, as it will have to be done by disassembling the chamber and rectify it with a lathe, or place a double orrin to be pressed, however over time it will be damaged again if you do not rectify it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don’t feel you have an understanding of this particular engine from what you have just said. Thank you anyway.
Dear customer, I am a specialist in these models, perhaps I did not make myself understood correctly in relation to the work to be done, could you send me a video to appreciate the fault myself? And consider if it was a misunderstanding of your problem?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The injectors are out at the moment. I will reassemble it tomorrow and send video

Dear customer this seems perfect to me, I can wait until tomorrow I will probably have to send you a general answer, however you will be able to respond to it in order to have a better perspective of the problem, this general answer that I will send you does not have to accept it since that is why I asked you for the video, so I will be attentive, is this ok with you?

Dear customer as a general answer while waiting for you to send the video, I will comment that often the fault does not derive in the injector itself but in the injector sleeves, these could be worn, which could generate a clearance in the injector and would make the fuel drain, when you send the video I will have a better view of the problem and we can address it in more detail, I will be attentive.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.