sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Will not start not the battery, Yes, Zafir 2011 1.7 sri

Customer Question

Will not start not the battery
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Zafir 2011 1.7 sri diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It wont start it is just clicking the starter motor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.
Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ronnie and yes my son done a diagnostic check nothinc came up

Did you check the battery voltage ? And did you check the starter relay? Is there an indicator on the dashboard lit?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It was 12 volts and no ghete is no indication on dashboard
The car won't start at all? Did you check the starter relay?

Dear customer this kind of problem is very common and it turns out that there are several factors that can cause this problem, the essential thing is to start by checking the battery terminals, also change the battery if you feel that it is discharged, I would like to recommend you to check the state of the fuses and make sure that they are correct, there is a possibility that the starter motor is damaged but before proceeding to check the starter motor I recommend that you do a programming of the key to rule out that the problem is not that the anti-theft system is activated and finally if all this has been checked if we proceed to check the starter motor.

Remember that this answer is of a general nature and if you have any concerns or doubts you can let me know.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.