sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

After having mot and service done on my car I picked it up

Customer Question

After having mot and service done on my car I picked it up and the car started shaking and loosing power . Garage changed the plugs and it is still not working properly and they said it’s not safe to drive . What can I do
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Fiat 500 twin air 0.9 2011
JA: What year is your 500e?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no it’s in a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it passed the mot and I was told everything is perfect and car was completely fine before I dropped it off for mot
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I do not have any photos or videos as the car is still in the Halfords garage

Dear customer, does the car shake even without acceleration?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
it’s mainly shake when the car stops on red light
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It’s goes when it’s moving

Dear customer, did the workshop make an evaluation with diagnostic equipment?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
They could not say what is wrong with the car as mot was without fault

But did you connect a diagnostic tool or was the evaluation done without it? Could you send a video of the sound and vibration?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did not do anything it was the mechanic in the garage they tested it and checked everything not sure how. I don’t have any photos or videos as my car is still in the garage I’m trying to find out if they could do something to my car with doing wrong services or something

Dear customer, to begin with if the engine is vibrating, the spark plugs should not be the cause, it does not make sense, this replacement for this fault, generally when the spark plugs fail, the loss of power is also at high speeds and you tell me that this is not your case right?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No there is loss of power in low speed but once car is turned off and back on it works there is ***** *****ght on triangle and start stop system but engine light goes off

Dear customer, actually under my way of proceeding the first thing I would do would be a diagnostic, because when there is an amber indicator there is an active error code, being related to the start and stop, it could be related to several systems like it: Wear on the starter motor, alternator and battery. Lubrication deficiency. Engine base vibrations. Anti-pollution system. As you can see, checking all these factors would be complex and expensive, so the first step would be to rule out everything that may appear in a diagnostic tool, I will be following up on your problem, but ideally you could talk to the workshop to provide me with these codes, do I make myself understood?

Dear customer, please let me know if my previous message is clear to you.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.