sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a problem with a pageant 6 electric everything was

Customer Question

I have a problem with a Bailey pageant 6 electric everything was working fine until the other day I went to turn the Master on and the lights pump and Radio doesn't work I'm sure there is power getting to the master because the out side works when I turn master on but the rest don't including battery amp metre and if I put the electric hook up on the battery charger is charging but no lights or amp metre .
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No fuses have blown
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It's the bailey pageant 6 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if possible but I thought it might just be a fuse quite simple but know because that isn't the problem I don't think
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Could you send a video to get a better view of the problem?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Bob this is a caravan you know that yea

Dear customer, did you check if your coils are working?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I would rather write thanks you do know it's a caravan I'm referring to
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It's not a car
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We'll?

Yes dear customer I know you are referring to a caravan, the call is not necessary, it is an automatic message, I would like to know what you checked so far and how you did it.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ivy checked battery/fuses unless there are hidden fuses I'm not aware of

Dear customer, no these fuses are all in the panel, did you check them with a multimeter? did you check the continuity of the wiring? sometimes damaged wiring can cause a fuse to blow, sometimes it can cause a fuse to blow.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I changed the fuse for the Battery just incase it was no good the ECU one I got a electrical bloke to check for me come up fine and nothing has tripped out it's really strange how this is happening
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What is really strange is if I plug into electric it's still the same know lights no amp metre no rad
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Radio
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But all socket for electric work
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But the door light does work when you turn master on
The estimated customer wiring may have been cut in one section, did it have continuity throughout?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
as far as I know but the caravan hasn't moved or been used the only thing I have done was connected a solar panel to give it a treacle charge with a control box so it didn't over charge
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But I couldn't see this doing any damage as it was a small panel

Dear customer, has the continuity of the wiring been checked with the multimeter? Everything you tell me indicates that there are no faults in the generation or transmission of energy, however, there are faults in those sections, given that the model does not have hidden fuses, the problem you are experiencing is most likely to be in the wiring.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok I will have to go through the wiring tomorrow I'm just wondering if my daughter dog has got under the caravan and bit through a wire so there definitely no hidden fuses through the wiring as I have read on quite a few Caravans have these one more question if it had a Brocken wire wouldn't the fuse just blow or not ?

Dear customer, yes, it would just be a matter of fixing the problem in the wiring, although you would have to make sure that the splice is properly made so that it does not make a connection to earth.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok thanks

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi I have checked all wiring and no problems but I have found out when checking to day that I have no power on fridge/car/light 1/light 2/Ignition/Pump/Auxiliary/Radio Fire /and water heater.But do have live on Fridge ignition/Alarm/Van Battery which 3 Fuses in all
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer I can see, that you created another thread, I will be attending you for it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have changed every fuse still the same know power below Van Battery I took out the 4 screws to check if any thing behind the board was out or loose. Nothing was wrong with wiring so I might have to replace the circuit board?

Dear customer, this will probably end up being the solution to the problem, how did you verify that the power is not coming out of the panel?