Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I just bought a second hand rover and need a radio code

Hi I just bought a second hand rover and need a radio code ,what do I do?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: There might be on my mobile
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: it’s rover 45 impression3 the year is 2003
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im going to try so I’m trying to get as much information possible
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi I’m Tim

Hello Tim.

In order to get the radio code.you'll need to remove the radio itself at either side of the radio you will have 2 small square tabs that you have to open.inside their use an allen key and unscrew this should allow you to remove the radio in order to see the "serial number" this is what you need to get the code. sadly given its rover it will be slightly more difficult to attain them.however there are a few radio code websites that maybe able to assist you in acquiring it.https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok I’ll do that and get back to you, I been looking on YouTube , there does seem to be plenty of information but I thought I’d ask a professional too, I maybe slow to answer as well as I’m always busy, thanks.

The issue is given that Rover are no longer and are becoming less in demand. its becoming harder to get the codes for them or finding companies who specialise in it..ive had one customer in the past having issues with these radios or getting code. ultimately just replacing it with a aftermarket one sometimes better than the original so that could be something to maybe consider

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok, it could be a better option,as a long shot I’ve noticed a code 4digit in the owner manual and it’s the rover dealership code where the car was bought and it’s on the companies service stamp, I’ll let you know if it works.

Yes normally the owners manual is the first place to look. so if you already have it then its worth trying.so long as its the original radio!