sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My engine light popped up and came back as lambda sensor

Customer Question

my engine light popped up and came back as lambda sensor fault on diagnostics, the correct lambda sensor was replaced and the engine light came back on for the same fault
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: there isnt a noise and thats not relevant
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: audi a3 8p 2006
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a mechanic fixed the lambda sensor for me fitted a new one
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i dont have a picture as it is just an engine light and have told you everything i know

Was the wiring of the lambda sensor checked and a data reset performed?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
im not sure about a data reset
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
if that means the engine light turned off then yes

Dear customer, is it possible to delete the codes from the diagnostic tool, because otherwise the codes will reappear?

Dear customer remember that the usefulness of this sensor is to measure the concentration of oxygen, if there is a problem related to vacuum leaks, or in the egr valve, which causes alterations in the measurement made by this sensor, often as experts we close to the code we have and only check the sensor that is indicated, but do not take into account what is making this sensor is activated, from my point of view, you would have to make a revision to the wiring of the lambda sensor and then to the egr valve, it would even be appropriate to start all by a vacuum leak test.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.