Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have a 2016 dacia sandero and the indicators are not

Customer Question

Hello, i have a 2016 dacia sandero and the indicators are not working. I have tried the hazards and they are fine. No indicator light comes up on the dash either
JA: What is the model of your '16 Dacia?
Customer: Ambience model
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything so far just looking stuff up online but not really got a definite answer
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Maybe that the lights which are on the same swith are working and the switch itself moves up and down fine. Its just that the indicators are not responding. I've checked the bulbs and nothing wrong with them
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Front and back indicator lights
Category: Car
Expert:  Phillip H replied 15 days ago.
Hiya

There could be one of several things that are at fault here:

1. Indicator Switch
  2. Wiring
  3. BCM
  4. Fuse

You have obviously eliminated the fact that the lights themselves don't work because the Hazard Lights are operational which in effect uses the same circuit.

The first port of call would be to check that there isn't a separate fuse for the Indicators.

Following that the next stage would be a diagnostic code read and a look at BCM Live Data through which you can check the Switch Operation.  The Data should tell you if the Switch is registering as Off or On for both sides of the vehicle.  This eliminates the need to carry out Continuity Checks between the switch and the BCM.

If the Switch operation all works then I suspect it will be an internal failure of the BCM.

If you have a registration number I can check to see if there are any available wiring diagrams and fuse diagrams for you.

Phillip

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your response, my reg is MK16 HKZ
Expert:  Phillip H replied 15 days ago.

Hiya

Can I just check your registration number as that one comes up as being a Fiat 500!

Phillip

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry its MJ16 HKZ
Expert:  Phillip H replied 15 days ago.

Hiya

Unfortunately no Wiring Diagrams exist for this other than Engine Control System.  It will be a case of look in the  owners handbook for the fuse Information and then follow as above for diagnostic procedure.

Phillip

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay then no problem, I've just been out in it and they seem to be working again so maybe there's a loose connection somewhere in the wiring.
Expert:  Phillip H replied 15 days ago.

Hiya

It may just have reset the BCM with the Vehicle being turned off and then on again.

Phillip