Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I and just about to pick up a Bentley GT and i have done a

Customer Question

i and just about to pick up a Bentley GT and i have done a mileage checker and it come up 10,000 over its current mileage
JA: What year is your GT?
Customer: 2006 mileage is 67,250 and looking back to 2014 its was 58,000 the following year it was 44,000
JA: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am picking it up on Sunday next week
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just a concern with the miles as on resale it will be an issue o there is rustlt water in the cooling tank
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Expert:  Robert replied 17 days ago.
As a follow up to your question. To check for any anomalies in mileage etc or history. then an HPI check on the vehicle should be something to consider certainly so before you agree to any purchase  as it will be able to trace any issue or mileage discrepancies and overall history on the car that maybe something to be wary about. Not sure if you have done that already but worth doing all the same. The rust water issue could well be internal issue on the coolant system. first you need to establish whether or not a coolant flush maybe something for the dealer to carry out before you agree to purchase it.