sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Rear drivers side tailgate lights stopped working, The break

Customer Question

Rear drivers side tailgate lights stopped working
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The break light on the tailgate on an alfa romeo gulietta
JA: What is the model/year of your Alfa Romeo?
Customer: Alfa romeo gulietta 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a look at the 4 pin connector attached to the light and noticed one pin is a little brown
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello shall I send pictures

Dear customer, this could be a symptom of a short in the contact, you should try a contact cleaner first, before making another decision like replacing this component, as it is most likely that this problem is interrupting the power supply.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How should I clean it

Dear customer, there are substances called contact cleaners, sold in electronics shops, which remove rust and burnt residues from the wiring.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer, the brown stains on the contact that you have mentioned seem to be symptoms of a short in the wiring or overheating, this can occur due to wear, there are substances called contact cleaners, which are sold in electronics shops, which remove rust and burnt residues from the wiring, you could try this, in the case that it is not getting signal even after this you will have to make a replacement of the contact, if you wish I could recommend suitable sites for this work.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.