Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 18+ years - master tech. 20+ years, SAE member
30385560

Nothing is wrong at the moment I have just purchased a

Nothing is wrong at the moment I have just purchased a forester S/tb STI and I was just going to update the engine a bit can I use other ej20 sti parts
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 61000 and it’s auto
JA: What year is your Forester?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no not that I can think off

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed. If you get prompted for a premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point. My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience. May I know your first name?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Michael

Hello Michael,

Yes, the engine is the same, and the parts are the same, so you can use parts from another EJ20 engine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do you have any recommendations on what parts I should get For it sense it is a 2002 sti

I'm getting a list of the most common problems and faulty parts.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Awesome that would be great

The main issues to check (check first and replace if needed) would be the timing belt, the valve seals, the valve covers and the turbo oil supply mesh screen. I would start by checking the mesh screen, because this can get clogged and cause damage to the turbo.

I will get the details in pdf.

Here are the details.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your trust. Cheers.