Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a large scrap on the rear panel of my Mini and

Customer Question

Hello, I have a large scrap on the rear panel of my Mini Cooper and wondered how much (on average) it would be to repair
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2018
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i got a quote from the mini dealership but feel like they charge more
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’d like to fix it and sell it after
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello my name is Amelia
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
Hi Amelia I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear that you have some damage on your mini and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Can you send me some pictures of the damage
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sure one second
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hopefully you can see this
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Another one
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
I can see this yes. Are you in the U.K.? How many hours did the dealer quote you?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am in Essex yeah, they didn’t quite in hours they send a quote with what would need to be done etc and cost
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
quote
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
Ok so the trim would need to be replaced and with parts and labour I would expect to spend somewhere around £700-1000 dependent on how deep the damage is
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok, I think I was quoted £1400 by mini - that seems quite steep but they did take it in the view
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I worry I’ll be taken advantage of as I don’t know about cats
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Cars hah
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
I would go to a body shop the labour should be a lot cheaper
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you. I’m also not sure whether I go through insurance
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
Insure will effect your policies going forward unless you have clams protection and you would likely have to pay an excess
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok so would you say to pay myself instead ?
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
It’s something you would have to weight up obviously insurance is cheaper now but likely to be more expensive in the long run. 

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your help :)
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.
you are very welcome